Wednesday 1 February 2012

The "Other" Canberra Para Cyclist...

But wait, there's more!

As regular (well as regular as I manage to post) readers will realise, Canberra has another representative para cyclist, Jing Huang, who rides for Chinese Taipei.  Some will recall my accounts of our adventures in Denmark late last year at the World Para Cycling Road Championships.

As the other Canberra Paras head in one direction to the World Track Championships, Jing departs for Malaysia to compete in the Asian Cycling Championships.

The Championships are being held in the Malaysian administrative capital of Putrajaya, which holds some relevance for me - I was involved in a consultancy some years ago advising the Malaysian Government on the establishment of a sports academy in the then only partially developed new capital. I certainly never dreamed I would one day be coaching a Chinese Taipei cyclist riding in a championship in the now very well established Putrajaya!

I will endeavour to provide results from these championships as well as the World Track Championships in LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment